Thursday, November 26, 2009
No card for today. Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you get to spend some quality time with family and friends. A little reminder: Stampin' Up! is having their Holiday Extravangza sale this week. There are a lot of really good deals on stamp sets and bundles! Stop by my website to see the deals. You can order online and have everything sent directly to your home. http://roberta_smith.stampinup.net Thanks for visiting and Happy Thanksgiving!!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Can you believe it? I got my mojo monday card done and posted on Monday!! First time ever. For today's card I
- started out with a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece Very Vanilla.
- I layered a piece of 5 1/4 x 4 Old Olive on and then a piece of the green stripe from Merry Moments DSP.
- For the scallops on the top, I used a piece of Very Vanilla and Old Olive punched with the eyelet punch and cut to size. These were topped off with a strip of green stripes from Merry Moments DSP and layered on the card base.
- For the tree, I the Yippee Kiyay Holiday stamp set. It is stamped in Black Stazon on Very Vanilla. I colored it with Old Olive, Summer Sun, Ruby Red, and Not Quite Navy and layered it on a piece of Old Olive and then on the card base.
Hope you enjoyed this card and be sure to stop by and try the mojo monday sketch for yourself. Thanks for visiting and have a great day.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Sorry about the picture quality. I haven't been able to get the lighting quite right lately. Today's card is for Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge. It is a simple card sketch, but I just couldn't get what I really wanted. This is what I have settled for.
- I started out with a standard 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 Basic Black card base.
- On a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 Basic Black square I stamped Dasher with my new Frost White Shimmer Paint. I then cut him in half both ways. Each 1 1/4 square is mounted on a 1 1/2 square of Ruby Red Holiday Lounge DSP. These four squares are then mounted on to a 3 1/2 square of Whisper White and then adhered to the card base.
- For the sentiment, I again used my new Frost White Shimmer Paint and the "Merry Christmas" stamp from Holiday Best on Basic Black. This was punched out with the scallop circle punch. I punched another scallop circle from the same Ruby Red Holiday Lounge DSP and layered the two circles together.
- The ribbon is the Whisper White Organza ribbon. I simply tied a small knot and adhered it to the inside of the card and to the back of the scallop circle layer.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I have been eyeing this onesie template for awhile now but haven't had an occasion to make one (until now). My brother and sister-in-law just had a baby girl! She is my first niece and I can't wait to see her on Thanksgiving. I used the template found here: onesie template. The lady who made this template is very talented and her instructions are easy to follow.
- For my card, I started with an Old Olive 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base with the fold on top.
- I used my scallop circle punch and the Pawsitively Prints DSP for the ruffles around the legs and neck.
- I used my eyelet punch for the arms and the Stampin' Up! sizzlets Birds & Blooms die for the big shot for the bird.
- On the inside of the card I put some more Pawsitively Prints DSP and will put the baby's name and "Congrats on your new baby".
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Once again I am late for mojo monday. Oh well, better late than never I say! Today, I wanted to do something a little more simple. I only used one stamp.
- I started out with a standard card (5 1/2x 4 1/4) in Soft Suede. I used one of the designs from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper cut at 5 1/4 x 4 which is layered on the card base.
- I cut a piece of the Real Red paper from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper at 5 1/4 x 1 1/2 and layered it to the card base.
- On a piece of 2 1/2 x 4 Soft Suede, I layered yet another design from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper cut at 2 1/4 x 3 3/4.
- For the top layer, I cut a piece of Soft Suede at 3 1/2 x 3. I layered a piece of 3 1/4 x 2 3/4 Very Vanilla. I stamped the "be merry" from the Warm Words stamp set in Real Red.
- The bird and poinsettia were both made with Stampin' Up!'s Birds and Blooms Sizzlets dies for the Big Shot. I punched tiny Yo-Yo Yellow dots for the eye and center of the poinsettia. The poinsettia is popped up with dimensionals.
I am using this card for two challenges this week; mojo monday 113 and Pals Paper Arts (PPA16). Be sure to stop by both sites and try the challenges for yourself. They are great fun!! Thanks for visiting and have a great day.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Stampin' Up! is having a Holiday Extravaganza! From now until January 4, 2010 make Stampin' Up! your one-stop shop for all your holiday gift-giving needs. With this Gift-Giving Guide you can quickly & easily find gifts for kids, teens, neighbors and more!
Plus, for every $50 you spend on products in the Gift-Giving Guide, you can choose a FREE Decor Element (value up to $16.95).
Visit my personal website for more details.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
I don't know why I can't seem to get my mojo monday card done on Monday. I looked at the sketch and thought that I would be able to get it done, but once again I am late. Better late than never I guess. Here's how it goes:
- First, I started out with a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 Whisper White card base. On to the base, I layered a 5 1/4 x 4 1/2 piece of Ruby Red. On top of that, I layered a 3 1/2 x 3 3/4 piece of Holiday Lounge DSP.
- On a piece of 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 Taken with Teal, I punch three small holes. Two at the top left corner and one at the bottom left corner. I put silver brads into the three holes and adhered it next to the DSP on top of the Ruby Red.
- On a piece of 2 x 2 1/2 Whisper White, I stamped the snowman from Jolliest Time of the Year in black Stazon. I colored him with Ruby Red, Taken with Teal and Close to Cocoa and layered him onto a piece of 2 1/4 x 2 3/4 Ruby Red. Then I adhered him to the card base between the brads.
- The flower is from the Big Shot Sizzlits dies Stampin' Up! Birds & Blooms. I used Taken with Teal and Whisper White card stock, layered them together and attached a silver brad to finish it off. The flower is attached to the card base with Stampin' Up! dimensionals.