Friday, January 28, 2011

It's been awhile!

I know it has been a long while since I posted anything. It has been a long time since I got to play with my stamps. The list of things that I have been doing is long and I will not go into them now. I hope that things have finally slowed down enough so that I can have some more stamping time.

This card is for The Paper Players sketch challenge this week. I found The Paper Players when I first started to follow Ann Schach . She is amazing and I am so inspired by her. You really need to check out her blog if you don't already. My sister and my husband's cousin are both expecting a baby this summer so I thought I needed to get started on the baby cards.

I used the new square lattice embossing folder from Stampin' Up! for the Certainly Celery layer. I really like the effect it gives. The Bashful Blue stars are stamped with words from the Baby Bundle stamp set. I used the baby accessories from the same stamp set for the Soft Suede layer. I wanted to create an all over background that would add a little subtle effect.

I really like the way this card came out. Leave me a comment and tell me what you think. Don't forget to stop by The Paper Players blog and Ann Schach's blog, you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for stopping by and see you next time.

-Roberta

2 comments:

  1. Roberta, this card is so cute! Love the texture with the embossing folder and who couldn't love that baby image! Congrats to your family on the upcoming new arrivals:-) Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the texture and the brad wheels! You did a fabulous job with the sketch! And thanks for the shout out! You are way too sweet!

    ReplyDelete