Monday, February 14, 2011

Vintage Friends for PPA

This week over at Pals Paper Arts, the challenge is a vintage theme. I am more of a clean and simple card girl so vintage is a challenge for me. With some advice that Ann Schach posted on her blog about how to create vintage cards, I went to work (play). I started with the faux silk technique from Splitcoaststampers tutorials. It is basically a piece of tissue paper that has been stamped and crumpled up. I used the Friends 24-7 stamp set because I had it out and thought that it would work perfectly. I was right. With a little sponging, crumpling and distressing, this card came out great and it was so simple to do. I will be making some more vintage cards in the near future.

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to leave me a comment to tell me what you think. See you next time.

-Roberta

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful vintage card! I love it! And thanks for the sweet shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card! I love this set. I haven't used it in a long time....thanks for making me remember it. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would never know that this is not your style. It came out awesome! Im following from SC #351, Stop by http://www.studiobeedesigns.blogspot.com if you get a chance.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Now following from SC #342...stop on by my blog when you get a chance. http://alacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! Following through SC, #322
    teadrinkingstamper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I followed from the Stampin' Connection thread and now following your blog please follow my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card - thanks for the inspiration! I am now following your blog:)
    Kendra Richardson - you can find mine here:
    www.kendrascorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just started following.
    www.stampinpeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete