Friday, September 9, 2011

LLama Blog Hop

Welcome to the first ever Llama Blog Hop! We are very excited to take you on a tour of Stampin' Up!'s new Idea Book & Catalog as well as the new Holiday Mini! I am stop #9 on your tour. If you arrived here from Buffy's blog then you are right on track. If you hopped here by magic, you will want to start at the beginning.

I am showcasing three projects using the Best Friends Forever set in the Growing Up section of the catalog.Here is my first card. I used Old Olive for everything except the vines on bottom and the Very Vanilla Decorative Label Punch. The rhinestones add just the right touch of bling. I used the color spritzer to help break up some of the empty space.

For my second card, I a technique that I have been seeing everywhere and been trying with little success. I made it work for this card. The technique is emboss resist. First you take a piece of white card stock and emboss your image with clear embossing powder. Then you sponge over and around your embossed image so your image shows up and your background is sponged. It took me some time to get the hang of it but now I love it! My color combo is the Dynamic Duo of Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink from the Color Coach.My final project for the Llama Blog Hop is a hexagon box using the Mini Milk Carton Die. You simple cut two milk cartons out with the Big Shot, cut of one end on each carton and adhere together. Super simple, super fast and oh so cute! My color combo on this one also came from the Color Coach; Marina Mist, Old Olive and Real Red.






Here are two close ups of the box.








I hope you enjoyed my projects! Now on to the next stop; April!
EDITED: Since April hasn't had time to post her hop, I am sending you to Darrah!








Have fun on the rest of the tour and enjoy all the great projects!

9 comments:

  1. That set was under my radar at the beginning, but I have now seen and completed a few projects with it and it will have to be added to my list. Love the box also. I have been wanting to try it for some time. Hmmm, maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the box! This may be my project for my next meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, Roberta! I love your emboss resist, and the double milk carton idea is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a die in my ordering future. . . great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Roberta, you made both of the colors I least like (Old Olive and anything pink) look really good! Makes me think I need some of that wide striped ribbon, and the BFF set, too! And, I really love the little falling leaves when your website opens...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just received BFF in the mail today. Great projects using it! I want to make one of the milk carton containers now. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your projects, Roberta, and am soooo impressed with the milk carton box. I have trouble even making the regular milk carton, and I've heard how fiddly those boxes are. Nice work! And thanks for helping to organize the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to showcase this fabulous set, Roberta! I love the boxes!

    ReplyDelete