Today's card is one I made for two challenges; mojo monday 105 and color throwdown #61. I thought that it would be more fun to try to combine the two instead of making two different ones. This is the mojo monday sketch. The colors for the color throwdown are old olive, rose red, more mustard, regal rose, and chocolate chip. I know that five colors seems like a lot at first but when I put them together, I knew they would fit perfectly together.
For the card,
- I used a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Chocolate Chip base.
- 4 x 5 1/4 Old Olive is layered on top
- With the 1 1/4 circle punch, I punch out four Rose Red circles and three Regal Rose circles. I layered the Rose Red circles on first and cut off the overlap. Then came the Regal Rose circles.
- A 4 x 1 piece of Autumn Harvest DSP is layered on top of the circles to cover up the edges.
- Next is the sentiment "My dear kind & wonderful friend" from the All Holidays stamp set.
- I colored the "&" in Regal Rose and then colored the other words in Rose Red to give a little definition. This 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 square is layered on a 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 More Mustard square.
- Finally the sentiment layer is layered on to a 3 x 3 Chocolate Chip square and adhered to the card.