It is time to play at PPA. This weeks challenge is a color challenge using Brocade Blue, Crushed Curry and Ruby Red. I didn't know what stamps I could possibly have that would work for this color combo. I haven't used these birds yet so I thought I would come up with something. Next, I had to decide on a layout. I had several to chose from and ultimately decided on this one.
- First, cut your Brocade Blue to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and fold in half. This will be your card base.
- Next cut a piece of Ruby Red to 5 1/2 x 2 1/2. Along the bottom edge, make a mark at 2 1/4 and 3 1/4. Line up on corner with your 2 1/4 mark on your paper cutter and cut. Cut the other side from the corner to your 3 1/2 mark. You should have a trapezoid.
- For the bottom piece, use a piece of 5 1/2 x 1 3/4 Ruby Red. Mark and cut at 2 1/4 and 3 1/4. Adhere both pieces to your card base.
- For the birds, take a 4 1/2 x 1 1/4 piece of Whisper White and stamp the birds in Basic Grey. Color the birds with Brocade Blue, the beaks with Crushed Curry and the hearts with Ruby Red. Adhere to 1 1/2 x 4 3/4 piece of Crushed Curry and adhere layers to card base.
- With the XOXOXO stamp from Fundamental Phrases, stamp Crushed Curry on 1/2 x 1 1/4 piece of Whisper White. Adhere this to 3/4 x 1 1/2 piece of Crushed Curry and attach to card base lower right corner.
- Finally, apply Crystal Effects to hearts to give them a shine.
Thanks for visiting and be sure to visit Pals Paper Arts to play along. See you next time.