October is Breast Cancer Awareness month as many of you know. It seems that year after year more people take notice. Even the NFL is wearing pink during the games this year! I haven't seen very many cards with the breast cancer awareness theme. I don't know if I am looking in the wrongs spots or if there just aren't many people making the cards.
I decided to make this card after looking through the Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog. On page 58, there is a card made with the Loads of Love stamp set. I knew right away that this was the set to use. I used a similar layout but different colors.
- I started with a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of Regal Rose as my card base. I used the corner rounder punch to round all my corners.
- On a 5 1/4 x 4 piece of Very Vanilla, I stamped the swirl from the Yummy stamp set in Melon Mambo in the corners. Again, I rounded all my corners. This was adhered the the card base.
- On a small piece of Regal Rose, I stamped the truck from the Loads of Love set in Basic Grey. I cut the truck out leaving the wheels off. The wheels were stamped on Very Vanilla and adhered to the truck; as was the lady driving.
- The sentiment was stamped with Melon Mambo on Very Vanilla.
- I layered a piece of 2 x 5/4 Melon Mambo DSP on a piece of 2 1/4 x 5 1/4 Regal Rose. These were layered on a piece of 2 1/2 x 5 1/4 Melon Mambo; which was adhered to the card base. (Don't forget to round all your corners!)
- Finally, the truck and sentiment were layered on the card base. Done!
I hope you enjoyed this card and don't forget to show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Thanks for visiting.