Another Pals Paper Arts challenge. This week (week 12) is a sketch challenge. It looks like a very simple sketch, but I had a hard time deciding which stamp set I wanted to use. I was really in the mood for a Christmas card but I need more Christmas stamp sets. I finally decided on using Yippee Kiyay Holiday from Stampin' Up!
- I started with a Very Vanilla 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card base.
- I used the Old Olive snowflake paper from the Merry Moments DSP. I cut two 5 1/4 x 2 pieces and adhered them to the card base.
- For the sentiment, I started with a 1 x 5 1/2 piece of Very Vanilla. I used some non Stampin' Up! rub-ons for the sentiment and the decoration in the corner.
- I layered this on a 1 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of Old Olive. That was layered on a 1 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece of Riding Hood Red. This layer was adhered to the card base towards the bottom of the card.
- For the tree, I stamped the tree from Yippee Kiyay Holiday in StazOn on Very Vanilla. I used my scallop circle punch and punched out the tree.
- I then cut out a circle a little larger than my scallop circle in Old Olive and adhered it to the back of my tree.
- For the last layer of my tree, I used the 1 1/4" circle punch and punched out four Riding Hood Red circles. I cut them in half and adhered them to the Old Olive circle.
- I colored the tree and ornaments with various colors, making sure the star on top was a golden yellow. This was then adhered to the card base.
Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!