This week PPA has an inspiration challenge. Take this Pottery Barn Kids picture and create a project. I had a hard time deciding what to do until I thought about my daughter going to first grade in a little more than a week. I think something is missing from my card but I can't figure out what that is. Onto the recipe for the card.
- First, take a piece of 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 Gable Green and foldin half to make your card base. Set aside.
- To make the pattern for the Big Shot piece, take strips of 1" width Pacific Point and Baja Breeze and adhere to printer paper. Roll through Big Shot with the Top Note die. Adhere to card base.
- Print out "An apple for the teacher" on Whisper White cardstock. Punch out with circle scallop punch and brush edges over Real Red stamp pad. Attach to card base with dimensionals.
- Attach a piece of Real Red grossgrain ribbon onto card base over Top Note.
- Now stamp the truck from Loads of Love in Basic Grey on Whisper White cardstock. Color in with Crushed Curry. Cut out and adhere to card base.
- Cut out an apple shape from Read Red textured cardstock and adhere to card in bed of truck. Cut out leaf shape from Garden Green and adhere to apple. Cut stem shape from Chocolate Chip and adhere to apple.
- Finally, cut a small piece from Real Red grossgrain ribbon and tie around ribbon already on card. Done.