Thursday, August 20, 2009

Scallop Enve Box


I love to play at PPA! This weeks challenge is to make anything but a card. I saw this tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com and new I had to try it. It is a scallop envelop box. It is very easy.
  • First cut out four scallop envelopes using your big shot. I used Pacific Point textured card stock because I love that color and am sad it retired.
  • Next, glue the flaps of the envelopes together to form a cube.
  • Now fold the bottoms under overlapping them. They should stay by themselves, but I glued them just to make sure they would stay.
  • Take a piece of 2 1/8 x 12 1/2 DSP, I used Delicate Dots because I have a lot and it looks good with Pacific Point. Adhere one side to the front of your box. Wrap the DSP around the box, creasing the corners as you go. Adhere the other edge to the front. The edges won't match up but that is okay, it will get covered up.
  • Layer a piece of 2 1/8 x 2 3/4 card stock the same color as your box (Pacific Point) onto a piece of 2 x 2 1/2 Whisper White. Stamp your sentiment on the Whisper White in the same color as your box. I used the Yummy stamp set. Attach this layer to your box. I also added a little "with love" sentiment at the bottom in Pink Pirouette.
  • Done!
I used all retired elements because I had plenty of them and I really like the colors and how they go together. This will obviously work with any color combo that you wish to use.



Thanks for visiting and be sure to stop by www.palspaperarts.com and play along. You will be saying "I love to play at PPA!" before you know it.


-Roberta

5 comments:

  1. Really cute box Roberta! Now I want a yummy cupcake inside it...Please...
    Laura Howell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Laura - would love to know what yummy treats are going inside.

    On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for Playing @ PPA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I love that color too and the sentiment on the front is fun! Great job. No matter what you put in it, it's an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still waiting on my cupcake in a cute box! ;) Hope you bring it tomorrow...JK
    Laura Howell

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute, Roberta! I love the colors. I think I will whip some of these up for the college crowd for Halloween! Thanks for playing at PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete